Well, hey there friends!
I hope everyone survived the torturous heat yesterday!
Do you watch the news?
Did you see that Del Oro's graduation was cancelled half way through cause of how many people had
heat exhaustion/heat stroke?
Well...my cute little cousin Austin graduated yesterday from Del Oro.
Even though the ceremony was cut short, it doesn't take away from the
accomplishment of graduating high school!
I am so proud of this boy dude!
So it's true.
This girl is feeling a little dash of denial.
Not the "oh my gosh I can't believe I'm about to go to East Asia for six weeks" kind of denial.
More like "I'm leaving in three days and I have so much to do so I refuse to do anything" kind.
You see, Project Directors go to briefing on Sunday.
My friend Mandy lives in Southern California (where briefing is) so I decided to go down on Wednesday
so I could spend some quality time with her before leaving for the summer.
I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed!
1. I have yet to organize all the stuff I moved home. I can't leave it how it is.
2. Laundry...yup...gotta start that.
3. Still raising financial support.
4. Trying to make time to say bye to everyone before I leave.
5. Gotta figure out exactly what I'm taking/how I'm going to pack.
and all the other good things that come with leaving for so long.
It's the first time I've felt this way about going.
I know that we are going.
I know that God has a plan.
I know that I am trained and have the ability to lead.
I know that it's going to be a rockin' good time.
James reminded me last night that this is going to be the hardest week.
Our enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. (1 Peter 5:8)
He wants us to feel overwhelmed, inadequate, and unsure.
He couldn't be more wrong!
Here's to remembering that we must trust in the Lord.
He is true.
He will never leave nor forsake us.
So as I struggle through my little dash of denial, I can remember that what has to get done, will get done.
I don't have to waste these next three days worrying.
I can be productive and have fun!
I can be productive and have fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment