Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Give Me S'more

Sac Cru Fall Retreat 2013


I love s'mores. They make me happy.
Funny thing is, I legitimately don't like roasting marshmallows.
I can never seem to get them quite right!
Every time, I ask, beg if necessary, a friend to roast one for me and I give specific directions:
puffy, golden brown...no burn.

This weekend, Stephanie came through and I enjoyed two delicious, perfectly roasted s'mores.

This weekend was Sac Cru's Fall Retreat and it was wonderful.

But if I'm really honest with you, the s'mores weren't even the best part.


This is who I spent my weekend with! I got to make new friends and deepen relationships with old friends, too. It was so fun getting to hear people's stories and just have an all around great time together. We are one big happy family. 

We worshipped together. When you have an accurate view of God, you can't help but worship him! 
This is always one of my favorite parts of retreats, weekly meetings, and church. 
My new favorite song from the weekend: You Have Called Me Higher




We have lots of fun together too. CRUlympics!



And we danced...a lot.


Isn't this one happy picture?! Bob Fuhs (Director of Ocean City, NJ Summer Project) was our speaker this weekend! He talked about how Jesus is the One we are looking for, when believe in him, God gives us his assured affection and acceptance, and that we cannot live the Christian life alone-we must rely on the Holy Spirit!

His wife Jill led women's time where she taught on the Need's Cycle and how when we do not address the heart, we cannot break the cycle of sin. It isn't about the behavior...it's about the heart. 

This led to a mini OC reunion! Kevin, Jonathan, and I went in 2011 and Aubrey and Laura went this summer! Summer Projects are just awesome and you should consider going on one. ;)





Overall, it was a weekend for the books!! Or a blog in this case...

Please pray for Sac Cru as we continue go out to reach student on Sac State's and surrounding Los Rios campuses. 

Photo Creds: Lydia and Kenny

No comments:

Post a Comment