Sunday, February 20, 2011

CRUatSAC


CAUSEWAY CLASSIC

       This was such a fun night and I wanted to share it with you! Last Thursday night, CRU at Sac went across the causeway to challenge CRU at Davis in a game of Capture the Flag. UC Davis is Sac State's rival so you can imagine how great our desire was to win!
       Do you remember how horrible the weather was last week? We played on the quad and there were countless puddles. HUGE ones. It was dark. It was cold. We were outnumbered. It continued to rain during the game. But, we never lost HEART. My faithful rainboots kept my feet dry throughout the night.
       We lost the first couple games but gave it all we had on the last run. Kenny captured the flag to give us the final win of the game. It was close and as Davis was running their flag across the line, Kenny crossed ours with only seconds to spare. Throughout the night, we had successful moments of getting our players to our flag. As people were tagged, they returned to our base with updates and to tag our flag to resume their place in the game. It was a blast seeing everyone play and how much fun everyone was having, even when we lost. I had a great time and was so excited when I would tag a Davis player...like really excited! Players were sliding from the rain and I don't believe this picture does any justice. Afterwards, we headed to the local IN N OUT to review the night and to enjoy one another's company.
       Our special friendships are evident by how much fun we have hanging out with one another, no matter the occasion. I am incredibly thankful for CRU at Sac State. I am challenged to grow at the same time of being accepted and encouraged. I encourage you to pray for CRU at Sac State as we continue to reach out to our campus. I am also grateful for Campus Crusade for Christ for providing me such an awesome opportunity to spend this summer in Ocean City, NJ. I hope that you all are having a great week. Don't be afraid to play in the rain!

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute Audrey! i love the ending touch... "don't be afraid to play in the rain!" :)

    ReplyDelete