Saturday, August 13, 2011

We Came to Leave

Well, its my last day on Project and the house is a little somber. Most students left early this morning and another ten of us leave early tomorrow. The last few weeks of Project have been sweet to say the least. But this is the lil nugget we've been remembering: we came to leave.

We have been equipped with so much knowledge and experiences. If we stayed in this bubble, we would not be faithful with these experiences. We came to Project in order to leave and head back to our campuses to make an impact for the Kingdom. How cool is that?

It's 5:14pm and we're leaving the house at 3am. Peyton flies out at 6:20am, Nate and I at 7:44am, and Kevin at 8am. I think Eggert will be driving us to Philly. PS. I'm still not done packing. Typical!

I have yet to cry about leaving, and that really surprises me. This is what I'm holding onto: The Lord is incredibly beautiful and incredibly faithful. He will never stop pursuing my coworkers or any of us on Project. If we are unable to see each other before Heaven, we will still be able to be there for ETERNITY praising our Savior. That's real hope.

I land in Sacramento around 12:30pm tomorrow and I move straight into Jenkins. I am so stoked to dive straight into training! It's going to be exhausting (plus I caught a cold this weekend), but it'll help with the transition home. Please be praying for safe travels, my staff, and Jenkins residents. This summer has been a blast and I've learned so much. Thanks for your support....it's meant a lot to me!

This is the last song from worship last night. It really encompasses OCSP 2011.



Changed
Aaron Niequist
In Jesus’ name I’ve been changed, I’ve been filled, I’ve been found, I’ve been freed, I’ve been saved!
In Jesus’ blood I’ve been loved, I’ve been cleansed, And redeemed, and released, rearranged
But how can I show You that I’m grateful? You’ve been so generous to me. How can I worship more than 
singing? And live out Redemption’s melody.

I have been blessed – now I want to be a blessing I have been loved – now I want to bring love I’ve been invited – I want to share the invitation I have been changed – to bring change, to bring change

In Jesus’ name we are changed, we are called, We are chosen, adopted, and named!
In Jesus’ blood we are loved, we are healed, We’re forgiven and free of our shame!
We want to show You that we’re thankful Flooding Your world with hope and peace Help us to worship more than singing Giving Redemption hands and feet

We have been blessed– now we’re going to be a blessing We have been loved– now we’re going to bring love We’ve been invited– we’re going to share the invitation We have been changed– to bring change, to bring change We have been changed– to bring change, to bring change

Thank You for this new life, thank You for the invitation! God, we want to live it loud enough to shake the nations " in Your name!

We have been saved– we’re going to shout about the Savior We have been found– we’re going to turn over every stone We’ve been empowered– to love the world to Heaven We have been changed– to bring change, to bring change We have been changed– to bring change, to bring change We have been changed– to bring change, to bring change

No comments:

Post a Comment