Well hello there! This weekend, I've had the opportunity to come to Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois for our Project reunion. It has been two months since we've been together and it's weird to think that our time apart is almost equivalent to the time we spent together.
These past two months have been filled with transitions, wrestling with the Lord, celebrating blessings and His goodness, schoolwork, hours with CRU at Sac State, and a whole bunch of other things. The lessons I learned on Project were just the tip of the iceberg. I have had to continually remind myself of what it means to be gentle, patient, kind, slow to anger, full of grace, righteous, intentional, and all other characteristics of Jesus. It is so good to come back to be together with the people who understand where you're coming from when talking about Project withdrawals. Plus, we've had the chance to worship together, explore Chicago, and share what God has been doing in our lives, campus, and families.
Today at church, we learned from Matthew 20 the difference of having a heart rooted in merit versus having a heart rooted in grace. Do I live my life expecting God to reward me abundantly? Is salvation enough for me? Am I grateful for what I have or am I envious of the way God blesses those around me?
I thought it was a great way to refocus my thoughts for the coming of the rest of my semester. What is my motivation? What am I expecting? How does this relate to the Gospel? Am I willing to surrender to His plan for my life and give up the plans I've created for myself?
Here's the thing: no matter how many miles separate us, our friendship is eternal because of the grace of Jesus. One day, we will all be reunited again, all 100 of us, worshipping the Lord. Nothing will be as sweet as coming together in Heaven. I still expect to keep in contact with others but having 60 of us all together in one place again is unlikely. Luckily, the Lord is faithful and we still have so much to look forward to.
No comments:
Post a Comment