Thursday, March 29, 2012

Buenos Aires Part 1

Hey all! I think oftentimes it's overwhelming coming back to a trip and trying to fully communicate all that happened and how great our Savior truly is. When people asked me how the trip went, I struggle because if I can't tell the whole story, I don't want to tell it at all. My discipler on Tuesday asked if I had thought about mini testimonies to share about my trip....I hadn't yet. So we talked about it and I feel like I have a better grasp of what to share....or at least how to start to share!

So, this is Part One. A few little nugget testimonies that only begin to explain what God is doing in the city of Buenos Aires. Keep an eye out or more details, pictures, and stories. 


1. We serve God of ALL nations
I think this is something we always know but we don't necessarily understand. We  know that God desires a relationship with everyone but hearing someone pray in a different language on a different continent reminds me that He is Creator and God of the entire universe. 

2. College students in Argentina have the same questions and struggles as students at Sac State
We did Soularium with students on campuses which is a spiritual picture survey. The three questions we asked were: What three pictures describe your life right now? What three pictures do  you wished described your life? What is one picture that represents God?

Just like here at Sac State, Argentine students were seeking wealth, peace of mind, community, family, and hope. It was so cool sharing with students that the only way to be truly satisfied is with a relationship with your Creator through Jesus. Kenny and I shared with a lady named Gracelinda  who goes to church every Sunday but was not assured of her salvation. She prayed to ask Christ to be on the throne of her life and to have faith of assured salvation! The team in Buenos Aires (STINTers) will follow up with her and it was just a great opportunity to share and to be a part of her life. 

3. Whether we go internationally or are missionaries in our day to day lives, we are called to go
Sharing your faith can certainly be a scary experience! We need to remember that the Holy Spirit is living and active. He is in control and we are called to be obedient. Take steps of faith to share with family members, classmates, and friends!

Those are just three things that I've brought back with me to the States. I hope it begins to paint a picture of my trip and stay tuned to hear more. I'll give you a hint of a story to come: I had a teeter-totter accident. I'm totally fine but I still have bruises on my legs. The video is priceless and I'll try to figure out how to post it on the blog!

Meet the Sac State Team! Laura, Kenny, James, Me, Jonathan, Jacob, Caellin, Keller, Christina, Brian, and Kymber. 

Kenny and I on the teeter-totter after sharing on the law campus.

The ladies after dinner on our way to a tango show! The roses were from Keller (the cutest six month old on the planet).

Kenny and I sharing with a guy named George on the law campus.

Some of the gang at an Argentine steakhouse! 


No comments:

Post a Comment