Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pictures and Final Thoughts on Denver

Hey everyone! As I sit at the Sacramento Courthouse (serving jury duty) I figured now would be a great time to share some pictures with you and my finals thoughts on my time in Denver.


First, let me introduce you to our leadership team. Sol is on the left. He is our OPD (Operations Director). I'm the shorty in the middle (Project Director). And James is the other PD (Project Director).



This picture is hilarious to me. I really think it captures our personalities. I have no clue what I was thinking but apparently the boys were more intent on listening than I was in the moment.

This is our view when at breakfast. Over a mile high! We ate on the 38th floor. This is a sweet view of Denver with the Rocky Mountains in the back.

Kim Johson and Emily Shand


I know these beautiful ladies from when I went on project to Ocean City, NJ. Kim was the PD and Emily was staff. So fun to see them again! Read more about my thoughts on that project here.


Jenna is on staff at Cal Poly Pomono. We had a lunch date at Taco Bell.



Lobsters Protesting?

Do sheep have fluffy faces? No one knows.

Lydia is one of my dear friends, past resident, and current disciple. She applied originally to Ocean City but God has really put it on her heart to trust Him and to apply to come with us to East Asia. After prayer and careful consideration, she changed East Asia to her first choice on her application. She's 100% in! This girl is so encouraging. 


Just a little taste of the weather. 
Natalie, Me, and Casey all bundled up walking downtown.
Colorado State Capitol

A "Before I die..." wall in downtown. We took a few moments and wrote on it.
The PSW teams going to East Asia
Remember when we went to Buenos Aires? We saw Robbie in Denver! He was on STINT in Argentina when we were there last spring. So good to see him and catch up! Read about that trip here.


My final thoughts:
I am so thankful for my time in Denver. Every PD from Cru in the US was there...stateside projects and global missions. I met so many cool people and was encouraged by all of them and their willingness to lead. 

James, Sol, and I got a grip on what needs to be done, and how we can do it. Please be praying for us and we set out to plan this trip.

Most importantly, we learned more about why we go on missions, more of who God is, and how we can walk in His Spirit. We were told that we are going to make mistakes, and that we have the freedom to fail. God is ultimately in control and as we continually look to Him for guidance, we will be successful PDs. 

Adventure is one of my favorite blessings. What adventurous blessing has God placed in your life where He is asking you to simply trust Him?

Please feel free to leave a comment below or subscribe. I'd love to read your feedback! Your encouragement is so valuable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment