Friday, March 15, 2013

Tree Number One.

Adventures are fun. They make life fun. They make friendships fun. I like them. And I felt real adventurous last night. 
And we didn't even have to leave campus.

After a CRU event, Reese and I found Nicole in the halls. We all live in the Res Halls. Fun right? Well, I was NOT ready to call it a night. It was around 9:30pm, I had class in the morning, but who cares. 

Have you ever heard of geocaching? Well, we started off looking for one that was apparently in the Res Halls. No luck, so we moved on to a different one on campus. This one was a ton of fun. It had us finding these rocks on campus and then plugging their numbers into the coordinates. It was tough at night and we weren't able to finish it. We found all the rocks, but not the cache. But, we are determined to find it before the semester ends!

Then, we headed to a cache that I had done before. I did my best to give creative clues to Reese and Nicole.



This is us in the elevator of a parking structure. We were prepared with flashlights and a headlamp. Super professional.


The cache! Complete with a bandaid...thanks!

You would think that'd be enough. However, all the trees on campus are tagged and numbered. This is where the real blog story begins. We started the hunt for tree number one.
I knew the general direction to go and luckily the tree numbers were getting smaller and smaller. 67, 57, 15, 7, 4, but where was number one?! There are literally over a thousand trees. 

BAM! We found it! We literally were cheering as a couple walked by. They were kind enough to take our picture.



It's hard to tell in this picture, but that tag definitely says "1"!

Well, you can't find a tree and not climb it. But you see, I am not a tree climber. Never have been. I'm short, it's hard, and I rarely try.

Reese got up the tree, no problem. 



However, Nicole and I really struggled. Well, I finally made it up the tree.


Notice I didn't say that I climbed the tree. I stepped into Nicole's hands and grabbed on to Reese's wrist. Together, I was boosted and pulled up the tree. Quite an adventure.

Then it was Nicole's turn!


The process began again. She stepped into my hands, grabbed on to Reese's wrist, and up she went!

Thanks Reese!

I am surprised campus police didn't question us. Three hooligans with flashlights: hunting rocks, searching for a tree, and then climbing one...three times.

What adventure is complete without battle wounds? 



Even though I technically didn't climb the tree, I still tried to grapple my way up with my arms. I was left with these lovely scratches. 

I had such a fun night and am convinced that life is what you make of it!

How have you made life adventurous lately?






No comments:

Post a Comment