21 years.
That's how long I had to wait to finally get a sister.
But let me tell you, my brother picked out a good one.
A really good one.
And I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives being sisters together.
Aly and I met in December of 2010 when she came for her first visit to California.
I liked her immediately.
Who wouldn't?
Who wouldn't?
Read about Ian and Aly and how they met here. It's a good story.
The first day I met Aly. We took her around San Francisco.
Aly visted again the next fall and we took her to Lake Tahoe.
My mom and I visited the East Coast last summer and got to see these love birds again.
Here we are at a Washington National's baseball game. Let me tell you a little fun fact. At some point, everyone else had gone to get food or for a bathroom break and just me and Ian were left watching the game. Of course I was going to take advantage of the opportunity and ask about Aly. I asked him if he was going to marry her. He told me yes. I asked what was holding him back. He said nothing. He then told me his plans of proposing the next month and shoot dang. I was pumped! It was really hard not saying anything or be awkward.
Ian proposed the next month. Read about that story here.
Want to see more cute pictures of Aly and Ian? Find them here.
Aly asked me to be a bridesmaid. That made me real excited! It wasn't something I was necessarily expecting but I'm real glad that she did.
I threw here a bridal shower this January on one of her visits to California.
Then, it was time for the BIG DAY!
04-13-13
See more pictures from the photographer here.
It was a really sweet day. The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was a complete blast.
I am so thankful that my brother married someone who is excited to be a part of our family, not just someone who is married in and stuck with us.
When Ian is gone out at sea, I love that I can always talk to Aly. She totally gets it (probably better than me) and I know that she genuinely cares about me and things going on in my life.
Welcome to the family, Aly!














No comments:
Post a Comment