Hello friends and family! I thought starting a blog would be a great way to keep you all posted on my journey to Ocean City, New Jersey. I am so excited for this opportunity and I’m even more excited to see how this is all pulled together. Let’s start at the beginning, shall we?
Choosing Sac State was definitely the right decision. I have had incredible opportunities here. I am currently an RA in Sierra Hall and am in my second semester of Speech Pathology & Audiology classes. The Lord has blessed me with great friends and has allowed to me maintain those special friendships from home, too.
This past fall semester, I was able to see CRU (Campus Crusade for Christ) really grow from a six person meeting to now having over 80 people involved in the movement. Summer Project is through CRU which is a national organization and this is where the idea of spending the summer in New Jersey began.
Early October, I joined 40 other Sac State CRU members to Fall Retreat in Hidden Lakes, CA. It was so much fun and this is where a lot of my new friendships began. Our wonderful staff members introduced us to Summer Project and recommended that we apply to Santa Monica or Ocean City.
My first reaction: twelve weeks is a long time. I wasn’t quite for sure what my summer would look like and I was already interested in going internationally through another organization. Regardless of what I thought I had planned, I continuously felt the tug and call and my curiosity grew and grew. Our staff casted such a great vision for the project and the decision to apply became obvious. I submitted my application on December 10th.
This was not your average application. It was far more than the usual name/address/phone number questions. The application itself was a way to reflect on my values and faith and really know why I had a desire to apply to project.
I received my acceptance last Friday (the 28th) and the anticipation of waiting was finally over. But the anticipation of actually heading across country is building now. What’s the next step? Raise financial and prayerful support. Soon, I will be sending letters out and would love it if you join me on this incredible journey. Check out www.gosummerproject.com for a more detailed vision and I would LOVE to hear from you, too.
I wish this could all come together with a snap of my fingers, but I would be foolish to believe I posses that much power. I have grown so much this past year and can only imagine the new lessons the Lord has prepared for me. There are still many unanswered questions about this project but I do know that with faith and patience, He can do great things.

You are going to great things. Faith and Love to you. Aunt Toni
ReplyDelete