Saturday, April 30, 2011

Jenkins 111

Hello everyone! Last time we talked, I was feeling overwhelmed and not quite for sure how to handle the copious amounts of to-do's on my list. Well, school is zooming by. I only have 2 weeks left of classes and then finals. As a college student, that means only 8 days left getting up surviving school days and I only have 2-3 finals this semester. I know, how could I not know exactly how many? I will have the option to take my Sign Language final depending on how well I do on the next test. So, I am hoping to only take two finals this semester! That does not mean that my finals week will be any less hectic. I will be filling my time with checking residents out of the hall. Plus, packing to head home while organizing my life to head to New Jersey. It's hard to imagine that the time is coming! I've spent 9 months with these residents and regardless of getting woken up last night at 3am due to some violating quiet hours, I'm going to miss them.

Here's some good news: my contract as an RA has been renewed! We got our new building placements on Wednesday. I'll be heading across the Res Hall Quad to join the Jenkins staff! I'll be on the first floor, in good ole room 111. Obviously, it's going to be a whole new experience but I am so incredibly excited about it! I've lived in a co-ed hall for two years but in Jenkins, I will be on a wing with all girls. Everyone says how different it is (imagine having that many females so close together for that long). I'm just stoked to have the opportunity to have another year as an RA to look forward to. So, Jenkins, here I come!


How is planning for New Jersery going you ask? I am pleased to inform you that there are only 31 days until I board a plane that will take me across the country. I have a paper chain counting down the days until project. When Maci, Allison, and I made it, there were 97 rings. Now there are only 31! I have it hanging up on my wall as a reminder of what I am working towards.


I still have about $1000 to raise to cover the cost of the project. There have been so many sweet surprises the Lord has thrown my way the past two months in regards to my financial support. I am confident that everything will be ok even if it requires a few more surprises. It's never too late to receive support! I also am thankful for all the prayerful support that you have committed to. It's awesome to know that people are excited about what I'm excited about and care about my spiritual growth.

I am duty this weekend which means I have to stay in my hall. Hopefully this equates to many productive hours of schoolwork and some not-so-productive hours with friends.  Enjoy the sunshine and please keep praying for my trip and for all the other students that are also going this summer. If you would like to support me this summer, I would love to talk to you more about it. You can email me at ald223@saclink.csus.edu


“For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Matthew 20:28

No comments:

Post a Comment